Saturday 1 October 2011

Nîmes

Although this post has skipped a few important days, I'm in Nîmes with Audrey now, and figure I could post better about this since it's happening now!


So after our failed train attempt to meet, I decided to spend the whopping 4 euro to take the train 30 minutes to come see Audrey. Got here Saturday morning at 9 am :)




Nîmes is apparently famous for this huge arena where they had bull fights and gladiators. I will eventually take a picture with that.. so I won't write about it til I get a picture with it.






We had pastries for breakfast, of course.. and then had a lovely brunch with some of the other assistants from Nimes.. bought an air mattress for me to sleep on at Audrey's (thanks!) and decided that for lunch we would have to do something fresh with actual vegetables.. 
which was my whole plan for France anyway because I didn't think I'd like the food, because I don't like any food.
Wrong.
Wrong.
WRONNGG
I love French food.










And even Lebanese food, as it turns out.


I would've never had anything like that in the states.
But when in Rome.. That's not right.
When in France, do as the Lebanese do?
Idk, anyway it was good. A great dinner with a whole bunch of assistants, 25 Americans just hanging out in France. Lovee it.








I feel like cool things only happen when Nigel isn't around. After dinner, we walked to a bar but were greeted half way with a huge concert in an opening in some alley way. There were Jamaican performers and dancers who did a heads, shoulders, knees and toes kind of thing, but in French. "Tete, epaules.." and lots of shake, shake, shake. It was so fun! One of the assistants let me ride on his shoulders to get a better view until I got to jump in in the middle of dancing myself. Lots of Conga line cha cha cha dancing. 
No photos but great memory.


And today, we are off to the calanques in Cassis. 
This you can be jealous of.

243.jpg



http://www.france-travel-photos.com/tourism-photo-243-da-provence-alpes-côtes-d-azur-bouches-du-rhône-cassis-calanque-beach-of-en-vau.html



1 comment: