Thursday 26 January 2012

Blogging was NOT one of my New Year's Resolutions.

Because I knew that would FAIL.
But I will try anyway!
My New Years Resolutions were, in fact, the following:
1. Do 10 miles of cardio a week
2. Cut out bread for the most part, and eat about a zillion times better. (This is actually more specific but that's too long to type out)
3. Actually DO the photo shoots I want to do.

So far, I am doing great with #1, mostly great with #2, and alright with #3. But hey, it's been changing my life and it's only been a month.

I can't believe January's practically over.

Here is all the nitty gritty of the past few months..

Since I posted last time I've been to the following countries:

Monaco
Italy
Slovakia
Slovenia
Hungary
Poland
Germany
Switzerland
Czech Republic
England
Spain
Austria (we just drove through on accident, but I am still going to count it)

I am missing one. But I cannot for the life of me think of what it is.

So, you see, catching up on all those travels would be treacherous.  But I still may do something about it if I feel inspired.
Especially because I don't want to forget all those amazing times- I mean I already have!

I am at a place in my life right now where I am proud of my past, pleased with my present and excited for my future.
What better place is in there in life?

So here's what the future holds for the next few months:
Paris
Mont St. Michel, France
Verbiers, Switzerland
Milan, Italy
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ibiza, Spain

And then several more places in Italy and France when my aunt and uncle come down at the end of May.

So that's a wrap up of travels. Photos shall come soon. I have to be general because it's been so many months giving specifics would take ages and ages.
Which is why people who blog like every week are so cool. Ahem, AW.

But if I have time to build habits anywhere, it's here. I have all the time in the world to do things the right way. Drink my green tea, eat my oatmeal, go to the gym, read my Bible, get 8 hours of sleep, etc, etc. Right now I feel like when I go back to the states I'm REALLY going to miss this year long vacation I'm on right now. But who knows, maybe I will be craving the go go go again by June!

I also commute about 6 hours a week, and on Thursdays and Fridays it's 2 hours each day. So needless to say, my Kindle has been more than life saving and I have read the following books in the past few weeks:
Hunger Games series (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
Tim Tebow's Through My Eyes
Ender's Game
Jay-Z's Decoded
Eragon series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance)


Grandma would be proud :)

I still love living with the family, the kids are speaking some English, bt only a few phrases I've made the  m say because they repeat them so often. Like "What's for dinner?" or "Can you help me please?" or "Can I borrow a t-shirt?".. but that's about it. It's hard to teach a different language to somebody when you're trying to COMMUNICATE with them, not just teach them.  But I have been gaining more trust with the family, I think, not that I didn't have the lives of the two children on my hands the first weekend I lived here, but I have been called to find out what to buy at the grocery store, been given money to go grocery shopping for the family, and been allowed to make decisions on what the kids are doing after school even when it's the dad's night and they're his responsibility. So I am really loving it.

Teaching is.. bleh. Not even worth mentioning, to be honest. I only work like 6.5 hours a week, and therefore am spending a week at a sleep away camp for the primary schools in March to make up for it (I should be working 12 hrs/week, at least that's how much they're paying me to work). I think in about a year I will forget that I came here to teach English. Psh, I've already forgotten.

Alright, so there's the catch up post, and hopefully I can start posting more often so you can have details!!

This is the possibly the best thing I have ever done. Thank you so much for your support <3

No comments:

Post a Comment