Monday 26 September 2011

Dirrtty South

Actually, I just liked that as a title, but it's not that dirty.

I have arrived in Atlanta/Athens Georgia!! Here's a quick run down!

Packing for a year proved to be challenging.. but thankfully I am small and can pack lots of things ON my body..


And the airport lady let me have seven extra pounds :D

I had to say goodbye to my mom, which sucked, but thank the Lord for iPhones so we can Skype all we want :)

A few delays/packing issues later (by delays, I mean weather delays as well as Asia having to unpack her entire carry on on the plane so that it will fit in the overhead container while the rest of the plane is seated and staring..), I arrived! Let me tell you that arriving in the 82 degree, pouring rain weather of Atlanta, Georgia was not so fun with sweats, Uggs, a sun hat, sweat shirt, and a Snuggie. Interessttingg.



Megan and I went to Cheesecake Factory, succumed to the temptation of Hersheys chocolate cheesecake..
And were VERY tempted to try some walk-in weaves.
That.is.funny.






Mostly I was here to hang out with Megan, but we did get to do some down south things..  Like the Waffle House!
And of course, the waiter gave us free tickets to a band called Stryper (Megan likes to tell people we got stripper tickets..) because we were "cute".
He definitely had to ask us how old we were before giving us the tickets.
One day I will look my age.
That day is not today.

Needless to say, we didn't go. But it was very sweet of the waiter to give us free tickets. Maybe we would have gone if we didn't have other plans..








 Like making chocolate bowls from balloons!!

Found this on a blog during my Stumbling, I knew Megan would try it with me. I may or may not make a mini blog post about how we did that!

Got to play volleyball with a bunch of the neighbors, have ice cream in chocolate bowls and play
Catch phrase.


 It was like my perfect night!!



The night before, we went out in Athens.. and I don't know if anybody knew this, but there are black people here.
IT WAS AWESOMMMEE!
SLO has about .. seven.
Athens has about seven million.
I definitely miss that diversity.
Athens is also the #2 party school in the nation.. and their downtown is amazing, like SLO but bigger.. more people, more bars.. More danccinngg.
Love it!

I also love that the world is so small! I got a Facebook message from a girlfriend from high school I call Grandma, and she all of the sudden was on the drive to see me in Athens! I heard my name at the door "Hi, is Asia here?" and was soo confused- I like having visitors in different states :)

It was great to catch up with her,hear about how life has changed in all sorts of ways in the last 5 years.
But I love that some things have stayed the same :)

On my way to the Greyhound, post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment