Friday 9 September 2011

On This Day In 2010.. Why I Will Actually Start Blogging

Disclaimer: My Grandma doesn't have Facebook (hence the title), so all definitions of Facebook terms may have to be defined and/or explained.


Confession: I don't really know what a disclaimer is.

Facebook is currently doing this amazing flashback aspect where it shows you the status (or statuses for the real FB fans) you had On This Day in 2010. Every time it shows up, it makes me laugh out loud. Because one- I'm funny. And because two- I love remembering those times! I am so thankful that I am addicted to FB so that I don't feel as bad about keeping a diary. But now I feel bad about not keeping a diary for all the things that I didn't/couldn't post on FB.


   Confession: StumbleUpon! has changed my life.


So I have been Stumbling for the past few days, and a recent Stumble was the Top 10 Studies of 2010. #4 is a study that showed that a great way to be happier is to start savoring. Savoring the moments. And not just IN the moment, but AFTER the moment. And for many moments later. (I will note that I'm guessing probably just the good ones). Sitting around and reminiscing IS fun. I used to think that taking pictures was the only way to do that.  And now I realize that blogging can be in ADDITION to pictures. But okayyy, I have these pictures and this blog..

I used to battle with
                              What
                                       Does
                                                It All MEAANNNN???????


Like if I go travel the world, come home in a year and sit down and have dinner with someone who has never been out of California, aren't we at the same place at the same time doing the same thing? So why does it matter what I did last year?

Confession: It matters to me.


Because the things I am going to do this year are going to teach me lessons, open my eyes, and make me happy for the rest.of.my.life.
Or at least as long as I can remember them.

So from now on I will start remembering!

Confession: I suck at routine.


Please help! What if I forget that I want to remember things? And savor them? And be happy all over again for no reason other than I did something cool last year? I feel like I've done so many cool things I can't remember. And I am MOVING TO FRANCE FOR PETE'S SAKE. I am going to do sooo many cool things!! What if I feel like I don't have time to blog every day? (Okay I WON'T have time to blog every day, maybe a few times a week?) I need to think of future Asia, who will hopefully thank the past Asia for making her remember the moments.

Sigh. Blog of the day.




Confession: 22 is more than one year older than 21.


Lauren (I asked PERMISSION this time to put someone's name in here!) and I tried to go downtown tonight. Walked into one of the three bars we go to, 10:32. Nobody there. Like literally. Said hello to bouncers and bartenders. Left out of embarrassment. Walked to used-to-be-favorite-bar-now-Mexican-restaurant-pretending-to-be-nightclub-but-not-really-at-all. Nobody there either. Got a water. Went back to car, went to favorite coffee shop, got a hot cocoa. PLAY YAHTZEE. One hour later, return to the first bar we tried. See five people inside. Walk to car.

Laugh about days when we used to go out at 10 o'clock like 3 nights a week, having been ready for an hour, when downtown was popping right away, and we were sweating by 10:30. Now we get hot freaking cocoa until 11:30. Reminisce about being 21 and how being 22 for some reason feels a lot different. Decide to make blog so we can remember this random night in the future. Lay in bed at random hotel and do just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment